Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Google Trends Election Check-in

A few weeks ago I posted a hypothesis that Google trends may be a good election indicator, because it is a measure of a candidate's mindshare.  If that's true, this election may be somewhat closer than many expect, because the most recent trend reading shows Romney with slightly more search volume than Obama.  The last two elections didn't have this close of a race in late September.

They also didn't show news references tick sharply lower.  Is that an indication that there is weak general interest in this election?

Google Trends Obama Romney

No comments:

Post a Comment

For compliance reasons, I don't post comments to the site, but I do like hearing from readers and am happy to answer any questions. Feel free to use the comment box to get in touch. Please leave an email address in your comment so that I can write back, or email me directly at Skrisiloff@avondaleam.com.