Friday, April 20, 2012

Food For Thought

Despite the fact that it was down 2.7% today, CMG is still one of the best performing S&P 500 stocks year to date.  It's up 24% so far this year and 752% since the March '09 lows.  In order to get a sense of the company's valuation, below is a comp table for competing restaurants centered around the number of restaurants that they own or franchise.  Chipotle has 1230 restaurants that it operates with a value of $11m per store.  Even Panera only has a value of $2.9m per store, while lowly Wendy's only has a value of $283 thousand per store.  If In-n-out ever came public I wonder where it would fit on this table.


No comments:

Post a Comment

For compliance reasons, I don't post comments to the site, but I do like hearing from readers and am happy to answer any questions. Feel free to use the comment box to get in touch. Please leave an email address in your comment so that I can write back, or email me directly at Skrisiloff@avondaleam.com.