Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Tech and Telecom Patent Application Data

As a response to a comment on my patent article posted at Seekingalpha today, below is more specific patent application data focused on the tech industry.  Unfortunately, on an industry basis WIPO only has data for applications, not approvals.  I present the data as tech and telecom patent "market share" of total applications.

Click to Enlarge.  Source: WIPO
Although this data disregards how many of these applications are getting approved, it does speak to the relative pace of innovation in tech and telecom from 1990-2007.  Perhaps not too surprisingly, tech-related applications have increased quite a bit from 9% to 16% of total applications.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For compliance reasons, I don't post comments to the site, but I do like hearing from readers and am happy to answer any questions. Feel free to use the comment box to get in touch. Please leave an email address in your comment so that I can write back, or email me directly at Skrisiloff@avondaleam.com.