Wednesday, August 10, 2011

10 year treasury yield at 2.13%, almost back to '08 levels

With the S&P 500 (as measured in ounces of gold) below 2009 levels, and the Fed saying yesterday not to expect higher interest rates for the foreseeable future, I suppose it's fitting that the 10 year treasury yield is a stone's throw from it's low reached in December 2008.  

As someone who views US treasuries as the most mispriced asset which can possibly be owned, and has therefore been expecting yields to rise, I couldn't help but notice the 10 year chart reflecting my emotional state this morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment

For compliance reasons, I don't post comments to the site, but I do like hearing from readers and am happy to answer any questions. Feel free to use the comment box to get in touch. Please leave an email address in your comment so that I can write back, or email me directly at Skrisiloff@avondaleam.com.